Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi this is StormLord

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PurpleHaze08
Forum newby

Hi this is StormLord Empty
PostSubject: Hi this is StormLord   Hi this is StormLord Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 5:59 am

Hi...

My current computer that i was using fried on me so i just want to know system req. to play the game

Right now in this new piece of shit i have

400Mhz
260mb ram
20gig
Pentium 2

This is an extreme ancient piece of shit..Please tell me its good enuf to at least RUN redmoon...

*cries*

~StormLord
~SpearMongrel
Back to top Go down
GMOldSkool
Psyanide
Psyanide
GMOldSkool

PostSubject: Re: Hi this is StormLord   Hi this is StormLord Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 10:08 am

what videocard?

and I runned redmoon on such a system a while back, and it worked for me=)
Back to top Go down
GMGodulous
Commando
Commando
GMGodulous

PostSubject: Re: Hi this is StormLord   Hi this is StormLord Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:40 pm

The lowest I have tested with was 256mb ram, 1ghz cpu, though the drive size shouldn't matter to much as long as it can hold the game Surprised your system *should* be able to run at least one instance of redmoon, though it may be a bit sluggish or laggy.
Back to top Go down
lekstok
Sniper
Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Hi this is StormLord   Hi this is StormLord Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:50 pm

A single redmoon instance can take up some 300 megs of ram if I'm not mistaken, so 512mb is the minimum I'd say for a winxp machine. Graphics card isn't all that important, since everything's 2D and the cpu will do the bulk of the rendering. A 3 gig HT P4 can run 3 instances with minimal choppiness, so look for something at least 1/3rd as fast as that and you should be good for a single client. Any kind of P4 will do, probably P3s too. Not sure what the minimum AMD processor would be, but a 1.3GHz athlon thunderbird was ok for me back in the days.

Your 256mb of ram isn't really enough, I hope it's running win98 or you're screwed for sure. A 400MHz p2 is pretty pathetic too, I wouldn't be surprised if certain maps were unpleasant to play. Harddisk space is irrelevant, but disks that old will probably be fairly slow, making the lack or RAM more painful (virtual memory).
Back to top Go down
Surgeon
Revertix
Revertix
Surgeon

PostSubject: Re: Hi this is StormLord   Hi this is StormLord Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 3:12 pm

I used to play Redmoon on a 350ghz pc with 256mb RAM quite some years ago. I used Windows 2000. It was pretty laggy, but it was okay I geuss. If you log into the game you will most deffinately lag for like 20 seconds. Afterwards it's good too play I think. Maybe in BX-1 when a PlatoonLeader spits the BaseGuards and Scouters on you, your client may crash..
Back to top Go down
lekstok
Sniper
Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Hi this is StormLord   Hi this is StormLord Icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2008 12:16 pm

can I buy your 350ghz pc please Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi this is StormLord   Hi this is StormLord Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi this is StormLord
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: RMTwisted - Questions and Report bugs!-
Jump to: